Tuesday, March 17, 2026

March 17, 2026 St. Patrick's Day Prayer

 

St Patrick panel, The Millennium Window

St. Patrick’s Cathedral (Church of Ireland) 

A time to share St. Patrick’s breastplate, an old Irish prayer of protection, also called a “lorica,” attributed to the saint. We pray these ancient words today. Some sometimes invoke “Love,” instead of or in addition to “Christ.”

Christ with me,
Christ before me,
Christ behind me,
Christ in me,
Christ beneath me,
Christ above me,
Christ on my right,
Christ on my left,
Christ when I lie down,
Christ when I sit down,
Christ when I arise,
Christ in the heart of every man who thinks of me,
Christ in the mouth of everyone who speaks of me,
Christ in every eye that sees me,
Christ in every ear that hears me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

October 4, 2026 Exodus 14:5-7, 10-14, 21-29 & Matthew 2:13-15 - One Possible Past Closing + the Future Not Yet Visible

God Makes A Way There is something remarkably fitting about reading Exodus 14 in a week when the end of more-or-less my daily radiation tre...